Your keen research skills and discerning tastes have brought you here for a reason — and that reason is Discorder‘s deeply compassionate and tough-as-nails column, 𝔇𝔦𝔰𝔠𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔞𝔰𝔥.
Have a secret stack of micro-poems? Writing an essay about the duck that drums with its feet? Need a reason to wash away writers’ block, bad vibes, and the flaming hamster wheel of ~capitalism? Lead a life of tranquility and wellness, write for 𝔇𝔦𝔰𝔠𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔞𝔰𝔥!
Consider Discothrash Discorder’s revitalization of the No Fun Fiction column. We are now accepting submissions of fiction, prose, poetry, creative nonfiction, essays, comics, and diverse creative writing. Submissions are free and open to everyone regardless of writing experience. Our priority is to provide a platform for creative writing that is inclusive, open, and accessible. It’s a space where writers celebrate, mourn, rage, and embrace. We want the writing that challenged you, that felt risky, surprising, and a little strange. But we also want your tenderest, and gentlest. Whatever you’re working on now that’s hiding somewhere in your drive, we want to read it.
- 1 piece will be published per Discorder issue.
- Please allow one month for a response. We will do our best to provide feedback on all submissions. It’s hard to put yourself out there — we get it.
- We can offer a humble $30.00 CAD per published piece. We know it’s not a lot, but we value your work and are doing our best to reduce financial barriers to submitting and believe it’s important to prove that, even with our limited budget, paying artists is important and necessary.
- We support diversity in both the form and content of writing, but we do not accept work that is derogatory, homophobic, sexist, racist, or otherwise seeks to dehumanize any person.
- Submission periods for May/June 2022 are open until May 1st
- We gladly accept simultaneous submissions. If another magazine accepts your work for publication, please let us know.
- Currently, we can only accommodate micro-fiction because Discorder is bursting! If can fit that good, short, writing within 1 page, send away! For poetry/prose, up to 3 separate works can be sent for consideration. Format how you like, as you like.
Discothrash is a column created by Maya Preshyon and Desaraigh B, published in collaboration with Discorder Magazine. Works are read, published, and supported by a team of volunteers. If you’re interested in volunteering to read for us, contact Tasha at email@example.com