As broadcasting and publishing continue to navigate between the more traditional formats of terrestrial radio and print publishing, and the sharing of content through use of the website, podcast platforms and prominent social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc. — it is increasingly important for us to focus on sharing our content online, so that we better serve our communities. The Social Media and Online Communications Coordinator will plan, implement and monitor all social media and online communications strategies and tactics for CiTR and Discorder.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinating CiTR and Discorder’s social media accounts, scheduling content delivery, brainstorming new and creative uses of social media to promote CiTR and Discorder content
- Promoting CiTR’s radio and print content via social media and through our website, including in-studio performances, special programming days, live broadcasts, new articles, web exclusive content, regular programming and all other applicable content created by CiTR and Discorder
- Interacting with our online audiences, answering any questions and engaging in discussion when appropriate
- Keeping updated on the newest developments, tools and trends in social media and online spaces and helping CiTR and Discorder to leverage them to better serve their communities
- Creating quarterly reports for permanent staff and students that summarize important online analytics, providing insight on the effectiveness of online communications through data-driven strategy and KPI-focused analysis
- Writing and copy editing online communication materials for CiTR and Discorder, including press releases, newsletters, social media posts, promotional materials, station news, etc.
- Working with permanent staff and students in the strategic planning and evaluation of CiTR and Discorder’s online communications and social media — aiding in brainstorming, planning, implementing and evaluating CiTR and Discorder’s strategic vision of online communications
The ideal candidate is motivated and has excellent communication skills. They are excited to share CiTR and Discorder content in new and creative ways through our online communities. They have experience and past success with social media coordination (on various platforms), online communications, copy editing and web journalism. They have a proven ability to work with diverse communities and can show a commitment to CiTR and Discorder’s goals of empowering and amplifying the voices of students and people within the Lower Mainland.
Start date: Early-Mid September
Hours: 21 hours per week
Salary: $16.00 per hour
Terms of employment: The Social Media and Online Communications Coordinator will be hired on a one year contract, with a three-month probationary period. Renewal of contract is dependent on future funding, therefore is not guaranteed.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and 3-5 relevant samples of writing and/or social media posts to CiTR Manager and Discorder Publisher Hugo Noriega at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is Wednesday, August 30, 2017.