Are you ready for a new school year? Come to UBC Dance Horizons dance-a-thon for a great start! The dance-a-thon takes place Sunday, January 19th from 12-7 PM in the SUB Ballroom at UBC. By joining the Danceathon, you will get to make new friends, showcase your dance skills, and support your local dance community.
A dance-a-thon, aka a dance marathon, is an event in which dancers dance continuously for a given period of time. The dance-a-thon on Sunday will be 6 hours long, and dancers will be competing for a $200 prize!
Registration fees are as follows:
A. With Groups: $20 per team of 5
B. Individual: $10
Just for Fun
$6 per person
While participating in this marathon dance, you will be having fun, and doing society some good. Part of the proceeds from the event will go to UBC Red Cross supporting Children of War, and the rest of the proceeds will go towards lowering the costs of Dance Horizon’s classes.
The rules of the DANCE-A-THON are as follow:
1. We accept participants in teams or as individuals.
2. All teams will start at the same time and be timed accordingly.
3. The team that dances for the longest period of time will win the $200 prize.
4. A team will be considered dancing only if more than 3 participants are dancing.
5. If multiple teams are left at the end of the 6-hour-period with the same length of participation, a game will be played to decide the winner.
Not a great dancer? It’s ok! Dancing is a way of exercise, our Danceathon will also be a great opportunity for you to explore a healthier lifestyle. We would like to show how dancing can be an enjoyable sport for everyone.
The Danceathon promotes different forms and levels of dancing! EVERYONE IS WELCOME!
Sponsored by CiTR, 101.9 FM!