CiTR 101.9 FM is the broadcasting voice of the University of British Columbia, beginning as a student club in 1937, and gaining not-for-profit status and a place on the FM dial in 1982. Run by the Student Radio Society of UBC, CiTR is a campus-based, student-driven community radio station, with a small staff and over 450+ volunteers. CiTR offers alternative coverage of every genre and perspective, with a mandate to support niche programming, local and Canadian artists and underrepresented voices. Each week, 100+ locally produced programs are broadcast on 101.9fm in seven different languages, with live streaming and podcasts at citr.ca.
The Gender Empowerment Collective Coordinator will be responsible for launching, supporting and coordinating a Gender Empowerment Collective to produce a radio program focusing on an Intersectional feminist approach to gender exploration and expression.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitating the creation of broadcast content, this includes reaching out to UBC groups, faculties, departments and off campus groups and organizations for interviews and show topics.
- Facilitating the creation of written content for CiTR and Discorder’s website www.citr.ca
- Outreach and recruitment to form the collective, including reaching out to campus groups, working with CiTR staff to create and disseminate promotional materials
- Assisting with the training of new CiTR members
- Organizing workshops for CiTR members addressing issues and developing skills pertinent to the collective
The ideal candidate will be motivated, creative and organized. Experience and involvement with students groups or community organizations is an asset. The candidate will have experience or interest in broadcasting, journalism, research and interviewing, training and working with volunteers. Proven ability to work with diverse communities is an asset. Training is provided.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
HOURS: This position is for 10 hours per week, for a total of 250 hours. WAGE: $15.00/hour START DATE: September 24, 2018 END DATE: May 10, 2018
The Student Radio Society of the University of British Columbia is an equal opportunity employer that encourages applicants from underrepresented groups.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Ana Rose Carrico, CiTR Station Manager, at email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is Monday, September 10, 2018