CiTR’s Student Executive is hiring a Photography & Media Executive! All applicants must be currently attending the University of British Columbia. Please send applications to Halla at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 10th!
Photography & Media Executive
OBJECTIVES OF JOB:
- Prepare and provide content for the Station through the documentation of events for CiTR and Discorder.
- Develop and coordinate station-wide media projects as outlined in the strategic plan.
- Engage volunteers interested in documenting events for CiTR and Discorder.
- Alongside volunteers, document all CiTR and Discorder executive-produced events, including:
- Victory Square Block Party (Late August)
- Open House (mid September)
- 24 Hours of Student Power (late January)
- Fundrive Kickoff (late February – mid March)
- Fundrive Finale (late February – mid March)
- 1-2 exec events per semester
- Attends twice monthly meeting with CiTR’s Art Coordinator.
- Alongside volunteers, document station-wide CiTR & Discorder produced events, according to capacity.
- Provides insight and engages with the Media Lab Committee and the Media Lab.
- Work with CiTR’s Art Coordinator and the CiTR Volunteer Manager to maintain and engage with a list of volunteers interested in photography and film.
- Alongside volunteers and the New Media Executive, coordinate and develop long-term station-wide media projects, ex. Discorder TV, station tour video.
- Voting member of CiTR.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Interest in photography and film, including appropriate software.
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Orientation and training of successor to ease transition of position.
PARAMETERS OF JOB:
- Appointed to a one year term; April 1 to March 31
- Required to attend all regular and extraordinary meetings of the station executive as they occur (minimum 2 hours per week)
- Estimated time commitment: 5-10 hours weekly.
LINES OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Appointed to the Executive by the elected members.
- Responsible to the Executive and the voting members of CiTR.
Poster by Neetu Dha.