Applications are due Friday, June 10 2022!
CiTR 101.9FM and Discorder Magazine are hiring a Technical Manager
CiTR’s Technical Manager is responsible for supporting the technical needs of CiTR 101.9 FM and Discorder Magazine. This includes supporting our 90+ radio hosts, 450+ volunteers and 15+ staff by ensuring the proper functioning of our studios, broadcast software, broadcast hardware, digital library, databases, website and other technical aspects of the station.
Working conditions & compensation:
Hours: 35 hours/week. There is some flexibility to make your own schedule.
Salary: $40,131.00 plus three weeks vacation per year.
This position is hired on a one year contract, with an option to extend upon the agreement of both parties
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and improving CiTR’s computer hardware, software, networks and systems, and
troubleshooting all related issues. This includes our WordPress website and the LAMP stack it runs on, our
on-air broadcast software, open source volunteer and broadcast management web application (DJLand),
our digital library, production studio hardware and software, live streaming and podcasting services
- Assisting the Program Manager in training CiTR volunteers to use our systems, and providing onsite
support to our volunteers
- Researching the accessibility of our current software and systems, and implementing changes to increase
the accessibility of our software and systems—physically and otherwise
- Planning our technological strategy alongside our staff and student executive, then implementing this
strategy through development of new projects or the improvement of current technological infrastructure
at CiTR and Discorder
- Creating clean, user-friendly web interfaces for our website, volunteer and broadcast management
- Developing comprehensive guides that can easily be used and understood by radio hosts with a broad
range of technical knowledge
Knowledge and proficiency in the following areas are required:
- Server management (ssh, sftp, …)
- Linux (Ubuntu Server or other Debian distros)
- PHP (strong proficiency is an asset)
- Git, GitHub, BitBucket
- MySQL databases
- LESS, SASS, CSS
- Network management
- WordPress websites & WordPress theme design
- Audio equipment (Mixers, Speakers, Midi controllers, …)
- Familiarity with digital audio editing softwares and digital audio formats/specifications
Knowledge in these areas is considered an asset but is not necessary:
- Electronics repair
- Podcasting services
- Node.js, npm
- Grunt, Bower
- Liquid template language and nation builder theme design
The ideal candidate will be motivated, creative and efficient, have great problem solving skills and have strong interpersonal communication abilities. They will have excellent time management skills and a proven ability to prioritize and manage technical tasks effectively. They will have experience and past success in computer programming, web design and web development project management, with an interest in broadcasting, sound equipment and new media. They will have a proven ability to work with diverse communities and communicate effectively to those with a broad range of technological abilities. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate commitment to CiTR and Discorder’s mandate to empower and amplify the voices of students and underrepresented communities within the Lower Mainland.
To apply, please forward a resume to Ana Rose Carrico at email@example.com. Applications are due Friday, June 10 with interviews being conducted from June June 13 – 17 and a start date of June 20. Due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.