Your keen research skills and discerning tastes have brought you here for a reason — and that reason is Discorder‘s brand new, deeply compassionate and tough-as-nails column, Discothrash.
Have a secret stack of micro-poems? Writing an essay about the duck that drums with its feet? Need a reason to wash away writers’ block along with winter solstice, bad vibes, and the flaming hamster wheel of ~capitalism? Lead a life of tranquility and wellness, write for Discothrash!
Consider Discothrash Discorder’s revitalization of the No Fun Fiction column. We are now accepting submissions of fiction, prose, poetry, creative nonfiction, essays, comics, and diverse creative writing. Submissions are free and open to everyone regardless of writing experience. Our priority is to provide a platform for creative writing that is inclusive, open, and accessible. It’s a space where writers celebrate, mourn, rage, and embrace. We want the writing that challenged you, that felt risky, surprising, and a little strange. But we also want your tenderest, and gentlest. Whatever you’re working on now that’s hiding somewhere in your drive, we want to read it.
- 1 piece will be published per Discorder issue
- Please allow one month for a response. We will do our best to provide feedback on all submissions. It’s hard to put yourself out there — we get it.
- Discothrash can offer a humble $30.00 CAD per published piece.
- We support diversity in both the form and content of writing, but we do not accept work that is derogatory, homophobic, sexist, racist, or otherwise seeks to dehumanize any person.
- Submission periods for Spring/Summer open during the first of March, April & June.
- We gladly accept simultaneous submissions. If another magazine accepts your work for publication, please let us know.
- Upon submission, pieces must be complete, whatever that means for the author.
- When submitting fiction, try not to exceed 3 pages. For poetry/prose, up to 3 separate works can be sent for consideration. Format how you like, as you like.
Discothrash is a column created by Maya Preshyon and Desaraigh B, published in collaboration with Discorder Magazine. Works are read, published, and supported by a team of volunteers. If you’re interested in volunteering to read for us, contact Tasha at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send 1-3 pages of your grittiest and/or gentlest to email@example.com
- Please include a short bio
- Use the subject line: DISCOTHRASH, or, y’no, surprise us.
~That short, fast, loud mag from CiTR 101.9 FM~