CiTR 101.9 FM is the broadcasting voice of UBC Vancouver, situated on the unceded, traditional Coast Salish territory of the Hən̓q̓əmin̓əm̓ speaking Musqueam people. CiTR began as a student club in 1937, gaining not-for-profit status and a place on the FM dial in 1982. Managed by the Student Radio Society of UBC, CiTR is a student-driven, campus-based radio station that works to serve the broader Lower Mainland community.
Since 1983, CiTR has also published Discorder, a locally-focused magazine that covers arts, culture and current affairs. Discorder shares the mandate of CiTR, to create alternative media, empower students and community through training, and to provide a platform for underrepresented voices. Discorder publishes 10 issues annually, with a distribution of 8,000 copies across the Lower Mainland.
The Advertising & Sponsorship Coordinator is responsible for establishing and maintaining advertising and sponsorship clients as well as coordinating the distribution of Discorder throughout the lower-mainland on a monthly basis.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Establish, maintain and grow relationships with advertising and sponsorship clients
- Develop new leads by cold calling and conducting in-person meetings with potential clients
- Develop and renew annual contracts with community events and local festivals. This includes, negotiating partnership agreements and delivering on our promotional
- commitments, including on-air, web and social media promotions.
- Renew annual CiTR partnerships, such as Shindig, the Friends of CiTR program, and on-campus member recruitment drive.
- Work with permanent staff and students in the strategic planning and evaluation of CiTR and Discorder’s advertising department — aid in brainstorming, planning,
- implementing and evaluating CiTR and Discorder’s strategic vision of advertising
- Develop and update sales materials, websites and sales pitches
- Prepare monthly sales reports and collect unpaid revenue
- Work with CiTR’s staff to ensure advertisements are produced and delivered as negotiated
- Establish, maintain and grow relationships with distribution sites
- Strategize ways to increase Discorder readership, pick-up rate and subscription numbers
- Coordinate and distribute 8,000 copies of Discorder at the start of each month to local organizations throughout the Lower Mainland
The ideal candidate is self motivated and has excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral. They have experience and past success with recruiting and maintaining positive relationships with large numbers of diverse organizations. They will have excellent time management, organizational and creative problem-solving skills. They have a proven ability to work with diverse communities and will be interested in connecting with people as an ambassador for CiTR and Discorder on campus and in the Lower Mainland. They will have an understanding of non-profit and community media. The successful candidate is required to hold a class 5 Driver’s License is required, but access to a vehicle is not a required.
Working Conditions & Compensation:
Hours: 21 hours/week, varying slightly based on the magazine production schedule
Terms of employment: The Advertising & Sponsorship Coordinator will be hired on a one year contract, with a three-month probationary period.
To apply, send resume and a cover letter via email to Ana Rose Carrico, CiTR Station Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Deadline for application is Friday, October 26th, 2018.