Celebrate Vancouver’s experimental music scene at Big Joy Festival from December 5 – 7. Big Joy is a music festival that, in its inaugural year, will be showcasing current experimental acts in Vancouver.
Hoping to present a broad spectrum of what Vancouver’s weirdo music scene has to offer, Big Joy will encompass everything from drone and harsh noise, through to ambient and electronic music. Performances will be held at three independent studio spaces in Vancouver: The Remington, Kokopelli and The Rainbow Connection. Vancouver has a thriving underground music scene that is both exciting and viable. Big Joy’s goal is to offer another platform to exhibit the many colours that it inhabits.
Looking for more info? Check out the feature on Big Joy Festival on the Discorder Website!
Full Line-Up & Schedule:
– Thursday December 5th – Kokopelli 2052 Commercial Drive – 9pm
Ian William Craig
– Friday December 6th – The Remington 108 E. Hastings – 8pm
(featuring intermission DJ sets by 1080pCollection)
N.213’s Group Vision
Botfly and Holzkopf
– Saturday December 7th – The Rainbow Connection – 12pm Free vegan brunch (with cover) 1pm Show
– Saturday December 7th (Finale!) – The Remington 108 E. Hastings – 8pm
* All venues are wheelchair accessible and have gender neutral bathrooms. All shows/venues apart of Big Joy are designated safe spaces, for more information on what this means check: http://safespacenetwork.tumblr.com/Safespace
Questions? Email us at email@example.com
Sponsored by CiTR, 101.9 FM.